New in Salt Lake City

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New in Salt Lake City

Postby Hannah McKeand » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi I'm in Salt Lake City for a few weeks and looking to move here next year.
I do a lot of snow kiting, but only been on water twice. Could just about get up, but that was it. Keen to improve my water skills and check out the local scene.
Deer Creek looks like the closest spot for me here in the city. Is there anyone in that area, who might be up for meeting up with a guest to the area? I've no kites and board with me at the moment as I'm here rock climbing.
Hannah
Hannah McKeand

Re: New in Salt Lake City

Postby Don Losee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi
I am Don Losee. I own 3B Kiteboarding. We provide kite instruction and rentals for kiteboarding here in Utah. Give us a ring.
Don 801.602.8327
Don Losee

Postby bordy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 am

Come check out the spot n say hello, Dons got gear and such. Ut Lake is the place to "touch up" your skills, Then Deer Creek is the spot to use the skills!

Hope to see you out there!

BB
bordy

Postby salvador » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:43 am

came out to sal padre is very sick spot.aztec
salvador

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum