Park City Newbie seeking compatriots

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Park City Newbie seeking compatriots

Postby rick moder » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:53 am

Greetings to the UWR clan which seem to be a pretty active community. I am a Park City long timer looking to meet the local crowd, and build some hours maybe picking up tips from the vets along the way. I have played a bit on snow last season and did a 3 day lesson gig @ S. Padre in April to try to learn the water thing.I can go upwind fine but would like to better my transition crash ratio. I ski, boat surf, wakeboard and air chair so am pretty comfy on water---but have immense respect for how quick riding can go bad. My preference is to wear out all of my body components playing hockey,skiing, kiteing and assorted other stuff rather than being yet one more 30 second UTube rock star for what not to do kite boarding. As I have not been to any of the water sites, but have read postings of what a circus Lincoln beach seems to be it would be nice to hang with some folks that know the safety and social etiquette ropes. I own a Park City property management company, so have a big ass Denalli for my needy clients. Although it is less than “green” it is good for car pooling. My schedule can be flexible with a few days notice so I would love to hear from anyone either by mail-- rick_ecpc@utahbroadband.com or cell—435-714-3932. Thanks in advance and any thoughts on best sites for a newbie to go would be great.
Rick Moder
rick moder

Re: Park City Newbie seeking compatriots

Postby Jakekelly » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 am

Sent you an email
Jakekelly

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum