Kiter just moved to UT from the OR coast

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Kiter just moved to UT from the OR coast

Postby Zach Glover » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 am

Hi all! I recently moved from the OR coast to Moab. This was my first summer kiting, got fairly comfortable on the flat water, not much time in the surf, so I still have alot to learn. My quiver includes an 8 and 12 meter Ocean Rodeo Rise, which worked for the conditions on the coast. Looking forward to getting into snowkiting as snowboarding has been my passion most of my life. Just wanted to introduce myself, seems to be quite a bit of info on the forum so I'll be checking in frequently. Any advice on kiting spots, gear...etc is welcome. If you're in the Moab area and need a mtbing partner or info, hit me up.
Cheers, Zach
Zach Glover

Re: Kiter just moved to UT from the OR coast

Postby David Kyle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm

A lot of us here in Ut have bigger kites and use them quite frequently.
I have been riding 17m for a few years now. Of course I'd rather be riding
7M lit up but I usually ride 17M here expecially durring the hotter months of the
year or whenever I can hold it down on the snow.
David Kyle

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum