May 7th, Deer creek boat beach, 125l , 8.0 solid.

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

May 7th, Deer creek boat beach, 125l , 8.0 solid.

Postby Emmanuel Pons » Sat May 07, 2005 4:30 pm

Wow. Good one.
Looking at the Herber airport, the steady west wind let me think there could be some potential. Showed up , rigged, by 2:00PM I was hitting the water in between fishermen to get was was now a steady but fairly strong (more like 6.5) wind under a beautiful sun. I put in a solid hour plus of non stop planning getting used to my 8.0 which after some tweaking and flattening was nicely handling the breeze (did almost a full reach no handed!) except for the gusts when my arms were getting seriously stretched.
50 jibes or so later (ok maybe not quite ;) I decided to call it quit as my arms were wasted but definitely a good one! derigged under the sun and left as it started to drizzle.

It seems the island would also have been a good place to stop with much more of a reach (the sailboat beach is fun but the reach is really short!)

PS: I had forgotten how much of a pain it is waterstarting big sails especially when the boom doesn't touch the tail of the board!
Emmanuel Pons

Return to Wind Log