5/5 Outer Banks, NC 114L 4.7m

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/5 Outer Banks, NC 114L 4.7m

Postby vernv » Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm

Went to outer banks for a week and only got one day on the water. It was very good though, solid 4.7m the whole day. A nice start for my windsurf season. I hadn't been able to get on the water in UT mostly because I thrashed my left wrist skiing at end of March. It's still pretty swollen, but I can now windsurf to some degree.

We were skunked for the week until Thursday when it blew 25mph all day from an incoming N'Easter. Sailed Canadian hole in AM and Frisco Woods in PM. Had high hopes for Friday but woke to 40mph+ and rain. 70mph gusts were recorded at Hatteras with 3+ inches rain. We decided to check out the aquariam that day and ended up stuck waiting for a truck to be removed from the sand dunes now occupying the highway, We waited 3 hours. I was then late returning rental gear on our way out and had to figure out how to stash a board in back of the shop in 40mph wind with driving rain. What a mess. All I can say is at least I had one day of sailing. I would have loved to sail the ocean side, maybe next time.

- Vern V.
vernv

Return to Wind Log