Maui Dream Weekend

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Maui Dream Weekend

Postby Sarah Ranes » Tue May 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Hop on a flight Friday morning and arrive in Maui before 2pm, arrive at Kanaha beach park 10 minutes later, change into ws shorts/gear, and have a 4.7 rigged and ready to go (All thanks to Gunnars and Stuie) hop on and have perfect wind for 3 more hours. Wow do I feel lucky!

Then the next day wasa 4.4 day, then a 4.1 (A real honker all day), and 4.7. I've never been real good at catching air, but it was pretty mandatory with that kind of wind and huge swell. I felt like I was heading up a hill at times, that just went on and on. I had a great time chasing Gunnars and Stuie for miles, those guys are animals. On Monday we got to sail till 5pm, then I turned in my gear, got cleaned up and headed to the airport @ 7:30. The flight left Maui @ 9:15 and arrive here in SLC @ 6:55 am....OH Good I have 5 minutes to make it to work! Well it took me a little longer, since I had to run home first to get keys and my work pass. Now I'm a bit foggey/tired today and, I still feel like I'm going over the big swell, that's kind of cool.

I got to try out several sails and 3 different boards, and a new NP boom. (gotta love trying out gear) Now I just want more gear.

It was a SPECTACULAR 4 DAYS! Thanks Again Gunnars and Stu, you guys ROCK!
Sarah Ranes

Return to Wind Log