6/26 DCCB,5.7M/135L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/26 DCCB,5.7M/135L

Postby JimSouthwick » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:05 pm

Wind came up a little after noon. Dave O' was waiting in a lawn chair when I arrived at CB about 12:30. The wind at that point was pretty light but appeared to be filling in on the far side. I went with a 5.7, Dave with a 5.0. I started out on a foil but soon discovered that the wind was way too gusty for me to foil successfully, so out came the old faithful windsurfing board. Dave stayed with is foil board. We were soon joined by Brad (winging) and Judy on her ancient but very fast windsurf board. I had a few screaming reaches in the gusts, but spend much more time slogging. Even the wingers were spending a fair amount of time in the water. Just as most of us were quitting in frustration, George and Stone arrive, and Stone managed to turn lemons into lemonade with a 5M wing.
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log