provo marina 18m rap 127 custom

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

provo marina 18m rap 127 custom

Postby jaynesjared » Sat May 21, 2005 10:44 pm

another perfect session at the provo marina smooth north 14-15 mph rode from 7:45 till dark fully lit and having fun able to try lots of flat water tricks and so close to home, getting lonely will have to go to rush i want some company looks like....

late :mrgreen:
jaynesjared

Postby Rod Meiners » Mon May 23, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey Jared,
Brad Fairchild and I were trying to get in some kiting at Lindon beach Saturday afternoon, but did not have enough wind. By the time we packed up and went home we had already spent too much time at the lake and did not get to take advantage of the wind that picked up a bit later on.

With the rising lake, it appears that launching a kite will become more tricky. Beaches are disappearing. Where are you launching a kite at the harbor? I usually don't want to fork out 8 bucks or so to test the wind at the harbor - but it is close to home for a few of us also.

Rod Meiners
Rod Meiners

Provo Harbor

Postby mike loeser » Mon May 23, 2005 10:28 pm

Jared,
I just got done at Lindon beach again and thought I'd compare the wind speeds with Provo. Tonight it was at least 5 mph higher at Provo which would have made things a lot more fun. I did check out Provo the other day, but am still confused as to where you set-up and launch without getting in the way of cars or fishermen. Like Rod, I don't want to shell out money if I don't know for sure if the conditions are going to work. I do know there is a year pass for something like $80, which would be worth it to me if the site works. Let me know when you are planning on heading out next and I will come down and ride with you. I am interested in looking at your boards anyhow.
Thanks,
Mike[
color=darkblue][/color]
mike loeser

Return to Wind Log