5/25 Rocky Point 7.5 / 145 liters

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/25 Rocky Point 7.5 / 145 liters

Postby John Freed » Wed May 25, 2005 10:05 pm

Groundhog Day... almost. Had so fun yesterday thought I'd try it again. Arrived at 3:30, rigged a 7.5, slogged for 10 yards, then bingo, next hour or so, fully powered... however it did lighten up for awhile when Eric showed up, with a few holes here and there, but picked up again and instead of Ken and Emmanuel racing by me like yesterday, now I had Eric flying by me. Overall planning probably about 95% of the time. I left at 7:00, wind still planable. Another fun day!!!
When I arrived the owner was cutting the grass/weeds with his tractor (it's nice!), I thanked him for the past... he was very nice, and apologized that RP would no longer be available. He said we were a great bunch and had been wonderful to work with... he obviously hasn't spent a night with us over July 24th in Hood River at the Tiki party (I can't remember where the party was, or what it was called -- that tells you something....) He said he would leave our lock on for as long as he could. Nice guy, wish we had a few more years...
John Freed

Return to Wind Log