5/28/05 Skyline Drive

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/28/05 Skyline Drive

Postby Kenny » Sat May 28, 2005 7:20 pm

Today was my last snowkiting session at Skyline Drive. There is still enough snow for another week (maybe two). Skies were blue and the snow went from mashed potatos to slush. It is a good thing I had a nice big snowbird to cut through it. Air Temp was 58 F and wind was 8 - 15. Rode nicely powered on a SlingShot 20.5M Machine and an Ozone 14M Frenzy. I had the place to myself. Snow depth was 4 - 6 feet in most areas, but dry patches were opening up. I had the whole mountain to myself. A few cars and motorcycles stopped to watch. Other than that there were a few critters scampering across the snow. This winter will live a long time in my memory. Skyline had well over 600" on snow for the season. We started at the end of October and rode until now. Maybe a few people will head up there on Memorial Day, but I am calling it quits on the snow. Have to say that I now enjoy the snow more than the water, can't wait until next year!
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log