Meanwhile, 10 minutes to the East...7.4, 105 l. Angulo Sumo

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Meanwhile, 10 minutes to the East...7.4, 105 l. Angulo Sumo

Postby DimitriMilovich » Mon May 30, 2005 5:40 am

I dinked around DC for an hour at 3:00 checking out the launches and not much wind. Met a sailing couple from Montana via Minnesota, Sandy and Eric? (sorry) who are newly transplanted to our area and were themselves checking out the launches. Nice to see some new faces in the wind.
Checked out the Charleston launch at 4:00 and it was windy as it was when I drove in, which leads me to think the further East ya go at DC on a real South day, maybe the better. Decided to head back since I wasn't sure of DCJim's comments about it being OK for a 34 cm fin (I may not have any fins that short). As I came over the overlook to Jordanelle, I spied a hawk wave-riding over a crest. That got me down to the water and now there were gulls hovering, a solid 15 kts. Rigged my 7.4 and got a couple hours of solid wound-up planing with lots of whitecaps appearing as the sun came out. It tapered off at 7:00 as a squall came in, then settled down to a solid westerly as I drove off (barn swallows hovering now). Lots of Western Grebes on the water-cute. Don't miss the Jamaican hot jerk chicken wings, baked plantains and Jamaican Red Stripe beer at the Marina Grill. Is Jordanelle the new Rush?
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Return to Wind Log