5/27 - 5/31 Hackery/Maryhill Wa.

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/27 - 5/31 Hackery/Maryhill Wa.

Postby Sarah Ranes » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:37 am

Pulled into HR Fri @ 1pm parked the traileer, and headed for Stevenson, for some possible wind. It was very light, but beautiful and warm, one 9.8 and formula board planning. I left the fat gear here in Utah so no rides for me.
Sat started in a big way! 3.5 at the Hackery. More sailers than I expected on the water. Kinda wild, but alot of fun. Quite a few Utahannnns, Me, Linda, Craig, Stuart, Tom W, Bob R, Sharon C had as much wind as you could possibly want. It was a bit rough getting up out of bed and moving the next morning.
Even wilder wind Sun. morning, the report was guys on 3.2's at Doug's. We headed for Maryhill for some perfect 4.5 sailing in the sun. It was great wind all day with some very large swell. It was fun to get the new small board dialed in, and carving, it was very sweet and smooth. the end of the day had Craig and Stu owning the river for the last hr of the day.
Monday, Maryhill again with just about the same conditions 4.5, but a few less people. I had a small section of the river to myself for about 45 minutes for some of the smoothest swell that I've ever had on the river, ...now that's fun. I had quite a long session, that had me glad that I had a camel back with plenty of water to keep me going for several hours. It was soooo much fun out there that I did not want to come in and quit. What a day!
Tuesday morning there was no wind close by and we had to find a spot for our trailer. We kept an eye on Stevenson and the Hatch but it didn't happen. It was blowing great out east, but we did not have time to go. We headed west for Porland and a parking spot for the van, then off to the airport. Can't wait to get back....SR
Sarah Ranes

Re: 5/27 - 5/31 Hackery/Maryhill Wa.

Postby Emmanuel Pons » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:10 pm

Sarah Ranes wrote:Even wilder wind Sun. morning, the report was guys on 3.2's at Doug's. We headed for Maryhill for some perfect 4.5 sailing in the sun.

nanananannanana we 're not listening. We don't hear a word of what you're saying

:)

(I tought about driving there for the WE but came to my senses.. this report makes me feel bad ;) )
Emmanuel Pons

Return to Wind Log