June 1, Saratoga Marina, 6.9, Carve135

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

June 1, Saratoga Marina, 6.9, Carve135

Postby kenonstott » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:25 am

Insane sailor time. Waited at work until 5:00 for the north to kick in. But the weather gurus were canceling their predictions and there sure wasn’t much showing on the meso. Went home kind of dejected. But at 6:00 I noticed a 16mph reading at Provo. Left home at 6:10 with Penny giving me one of those looks, called Provo muni several times on the way to see if I should turn around. They were only showing 12mph so I figured I was nuts to keep going. Got to Rocky to find we are locked out and went to Saratoga to find lots of white caps. On the water at 7:10 to “sweet 16” winds (Provo Muni showed 16 to 20). Sailed those amazing, steady, never-off-a-plane Utah Lake winds until 8:20 when it abruptly died back. I will take a session like that any day. No other sailors but lots of fishermen.

It sure hurts knowing we will not sail Rocky Point again. At Saratoga, I felt like I had to stuff everything back in the van and lock it before going out on the water. And there seems to be more of a wind shadow. On a big wind day it doesn’t seem like there is going to be enough parking and rigging area. Still, Utah Lake winds are so incredible when it does blow I am sure we will be there. And to have a restroom there, maybe Penny will join me.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log