Utah Rocks, Utah L Rocks, Saratoga 6/2, 6.9, 135L and 104L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Utah Rocks, Utah L Rocks, Saratoga 6/2, 6.9, 135L and 104L

Postby kenonstott » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:01 am

John and I got there at 5:00 with it just starting to fill in. Within a half hour we were totally powered, within an hour were switching to smaller boards, and near the end I would have switched to the 5.7 if it hadn’t been so late. We came off the water at 8:00. Provo muni showed winds swinging between 16 and 22, the same as Wed. You have to love these long days. An absolutely spectacular after work session. 2 others joined us for part of the session. Lots of fisherman made up the gallery. When we started, 3 jet skis hit the water. That was disconcerting but they left fairly soon.

We have a real treasure in Utah Lake. Winds that smooth are hard to come by anywhere. Gusts that are only 4 to 6 mph above the average make for great sailing. Even at my favorite Gorge spots, I only find those kind of conditions once ore twice during the 2.5 weeks we are there (generally central corridor between 9 and 11AM). Near East out to Maryhill are usually more like gusts 10-15mph above the average.

Utah rocks and Utah Lake rocks. +11 hours on the water since Saturday afternoon, all in Utah and with the 7.5 and 8.5 sails sitting at home in the garage. I have lost 7 pounds in this stretch and by later in last nights session was starting to get leg cramps every time I went into a speed stance.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log