rrd 15m-135cm

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

rrd 15m-135cm

Postby jason morton » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:44 pm

excellent evening of kiting. a little cold. the tempting flat water of mud lake may not be worth it.
jason morton

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:12 pm

Jason,
Am I reading between the lines here.
Was it you that lost your board? :wink:

-Marty 8)
Marty Lowe

Postby jason morton » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:58 pm

thankfully no it was not. i would have been in big trouble since I didn't have a wetsuit. several of us kited over from ssb to try out some of the hatteras like slick water. getting in there is tricky. lots of reeds and the wind got fluky. i decided not to continue and turned back. 4 others stayed awhile. on the way back the guy dropped his kite. after relaunching he couldn't find his board. got lost in the reeds. his friend tried to find it but couldn't. they decided that he would go back and get the car and meet him on a dirt road near there. they found the road earlier that day looking for a way to launch near there. everyone returned, packed up and went to get him. he never showed up. not sure what happened after that. they found him on a floating dock used for water ski comps. probably couldn't find the road. we didn't know what to do. i thought he came in in a wrong area and was bush wacking through farm land. he had on a full wetsuit, vest, helmet. someone called derik and he called the ranger
jason morton

Return to Wind Log