Grantsville Res, 6/5, 5.7,5.3, 85L Sonic, 75L HiTech

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Grantsville Res, 6/5, 5.7,5.3, 85L Sonic, 75L HiTech

Postby kenonstott » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:58 pm

Got there at 10:00 to lots of whitecaps but by the time I rigged the 5.7 and started putting on the wetsuit they were gone. By 11:00 the dust started flying again. That was the wildest 5.7 sailing I have ever done. It put so much strain on the sail that the mast finally went through the top. The super fast little Sonic85 Race makes the lake seem much narrower than my other 3 boards. Switched to the 5.3 Race and the HiTech Gorge board at 3:00 for a little more control and was still wildly powered. Finally quit at 6:00. It was one of those days where I don’t know why we didn’t switch to 4-somethings. No Utah Lake smoothness but grinning from ear-to-ear (but my arms are aching after 5 hours on the water). John and one other sailor, who I need to meet and get to know, joined me for some wild times on the water. A great Gorge warmup. Except now my quiver goes 8.5, 6.9, 5.3; those are some pretty big gaps. :D
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log