Dougs, Rowena and the Wall on 3.7 6/3-6/05

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Dougs, Rowena and the Wall on 3.7 6/3-6/05

Postby rob smith » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:36 pm

Generally there are mixed emotions when reading posts from elsewhere. So sorry in advance if this generates some wanting. We had a great trip in the Gorge with better than expected wind. It still surprising that I rush through the rigging process so I can get on the water quickly in anticipation. Then on the water, I realize I really needed that additional downhaul and needed to move by lines forward for the smaller sail etc. etc. There is always a contingency of utahns in the Gorge. Saw Sharon riding a swell at Dougs, Goudie on the return plane and Carl just missed us at the evening event site. The Wall had smooth large rollers without the slappy chop of some of the other launches. Dougs was great with a mix of simply high wind and some swell. Rowena had more chop but was easier to deal with than the overpowering wind out east. We enjoyed the Hood River Bike Race, Brians Pour House, First Friday and Andrews.
rob smith

Return to Wind Log