Provo Launch Spots - Reward

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Provo Launch Spots - Reward

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:34 am

We need a couple new east side launch spots and yes, I am getting desperate. The higher the water rises, the better the riding gets. I am willing to put up $100 to the person who finds an east side launch spot. I realize that it may take some time to drive all over Utah county trying to find Utah lake access from dirt roads, etc.

The spot has to meet the following criteria: 1. Accessible by car to within 100 yards of the launch area. 2. Safe place to launch - devoid of trees, huge rocks, fences, and large downwind obstacles. 3. Side-shore on a north, not on-shore like SSB. Please e-mail me directly fernmanus@yahoo.com. I will pay for the first 3 new launch sites.

Has anyone found a place to launch directly onto mud lake? That area looks sweet with lots of flat water inlets. I took a look at it from the south side of the Provo airport, but I could not see any place to launch.

I would think that some farmer's fields may have direct access to the water. South of Lindon there may be some possibilities.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log