June15, DC Island, 8.5m

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

June15, DC Island, 8.5m

Postby JimSouthwick » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:37 am

A pretty, warm day which looked very promising but turned out to be a big gear session with more schlogging than planing. Good turnout for a weekday, with DaveO being the first to arrive, followed by Angela and me, then Duane and George Ward and Josh, who arrived just as the wind was dying but was probably able to take advantage of the "second coming" which seems to have occurred just after my premature departure.

http://homepage.mac.com/jsouthwick/PhotoAlbum11.html
:cry:
JimSouthwick

DC Late Session

Postby Josh Shirley » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 am

I tried to tell these guys that they were leaving early. Sure enough 20 minutes after I arrived and three minutes after Dave and Jim left the wind picked up and I had a pretty nice DC session. Yes it was on big gear but I will take what I can get. I probably planed 75% of the time. Beautiful weather, great launch site, and only a few boats to deal with.

Bic Techno 124 liters, 8.0 ezzy sail, one pink dakine seat harness, and a microwave bean and cheese burrito from the gas station.

Josh Shirley
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log