Rush & Utah Lake 4/13

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Rush & Utah Lake 4/13

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:56 pm

Went out with Mike in the AM. Mike was well powered on a 13.5, but I was a little underpowered on an 11. I decided to go to Utah Lake late in the day. Flew a 16 for 2 solid hours. The wind was up and down as well as gusty, but it was a fun session. Jared pulled out his new Rapture 18 and let me give it a spin. The wind became very steady at 6:30. The wind readings on the beach were only 8 - 10, but we had plenty of power to ride and jump. Must have had more wind above the surface. All in all it was a great day.
Kenny
Site Admin

Where did you ride at UL?

Postby DeanDavis » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Kenny or Jared,

I was thinking about South Bay but I know the launch would have been gone. From my perspective (at the mouth of SF canyon where the winds were in the mid twenties all day gusting to 40) the wind I thought that SSB would be directly offshore. I thought about Lindon or AF and I thought both would be good but I ultimately decided to not spend my credits today and look for the north tomorrow. Regardless I am curious to know where you guys flew.

Dean
DeanDavis

Postby jaynesjared » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:38 pm

dean we both flew at lindon beach... i think kenny flew at rush this morning.
the beach need a clean up very baddly.. i employ about 100 adults with disabilitys and i think we are going to do a day clean up at the end of april to make it a better spot.....ssb is now half the size it was in march due to water run off and rain.

late
jaynesjared

Return to Wind Log