SC 7/25 HS 125 5.3 - 7.2

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

SC 7/25 HS 125 5.3 - 7.2

Postby Kevin Simmons » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 pm

The Magic 8 ball was right on for SC. :D

Arrived about 1:30 and Jim and his wife were coming in to wait out a dark cloud. Cloud blew by and we went out on 7's. Wind later picked up and Jim came in for a 5.3. I stayed on my 7.1 as I didn't bring anything smaller than 6.2 (yes, I know now, ALWAYS bring small gear to SC). Rode op'd until 5pm when I could no longer hold on and called it a day.

One kite was launching as I was leaving. Overall, great day at SC but a poor showing from the UWA.

Trip, what happened to you?
Kevin Simmons

Life's tough...it's tougher when you're stupid!

Postby Trip Houk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:36 pm

As the runes directed, I left for Sulfur at about 9:30 determined not to miss the early blow. I arrived at 11:00 just as it started to pick up....only to discover that I'd left the keys to my trailer at home. aarrgh#@##%$%%&*&$$!! The locks aren't to prevent theft but to keep the gear from falling out on the road.
My dogs really appreciated my driving 1 1/2 hours so they could go swimming in clean water. Still I'm glad that it did blow for those of you who were smarter than I. Luckily Judi had to work or I'd never have heard the last of it. :?
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Postby bradcfairchild » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:52 pm

I've done that before. I knocked the pins out of the hindges and was able the salvage the day.
bradcfairchild

I considered the possibilities:

Postby Trip Houk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:57 pm

I thought about using bolt cutters to remove the locks etc but would have had to destroy the hinges to remove them. In the end missing the sailing was suitable pennence for my oversight.
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Wind Log