DC Island; Wed, 8/17; HS96/6.0

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

DC Island; Wed, 8/17; HS96/6.0

Postby JimSouthwick » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:44 am

Went down to DC expecting big gear cruising, but when I got there, it was looking gnarly and, of course, gusty. A very heavy infestation of powerboats produced chaotic chop, but the wind seemed to fill in a bit, producing pretty good conditions from about 3 to 4 PM. :D

http://homepage.mac.com/jsouthwick/Menu33.html
JimSouthwick

DC Isalnd Beach FF157 7.0 49cm

Postby Steven Nyhus » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:25 pm

I have to agree with Jim. I wasn't expecting anything today and I was very surprised when I called the wind talker and it was reporting 10mph gusting to 21. Decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed. Got there around 1 and rigged the 7.0 (probably should have gone smaller, but it is DC). As Jim said it seemed to fill in pretty good and had some really good rides fully powered and overpowered at times. I left with a big smile it has been a while since I have had a good session.
Steven Nyhus

Return to Wind Log