Has anyone been to Mona lately?

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Has anyone been to Mona lately?

Postby Trip Houk » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:42 pm

With a pleasant weekend of wind in the forcast, it occured to me that a visit to Mona might be in the cards. However, I remember going down last year at about the same time frame and finding about 8" of water. Has anyone been down there lately? It may not be as strong as Rush but it's a whole lot cleaner.
Thanks in advance,
Trip and Judi :D 8)
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Postby darrenfowler » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:18 am

Hey Trip, it looked like it still had plenty of water in it last weekend. I just saw it from the freeway on my way to do some climbing at Maple Canyon.
Good Luck, D.
darrenfowler

Possibly:

Postby Trip Houk » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:44 pm

Danger (ous) Thanks for the response. I hit Mona once last fall when the water looked perfect: The wind was south, warm day and steady 6.0 conditions. I rigged up and walked my rig in for about 50 yards befire the light came on.
I'm not anxious to repeat that experience but if it's a warm day, Mona can be sublime.
Thanks,
Trip and Judi 8) :lol:
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

OT: Climbing

Postby Kevin Simmons » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:14 pm

Hey Danger D,

I was down in Maple climbing too. We were in the Left Fork all day, where were you climbing? You can email me offline at ironeagle67@yahoo.com

dangerd wrote:Hey Trip, it looked like it still had plenty of water in it last weekend. I just saw it from the freeway on my way to do some climbing at Maple Canyon.
Good Luck, D.
Kevin Simmons

Water at mona

Postby miker » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:22 pm

I drove by it 2 weeks ago and it was totally full. It was full all the way to south. I'm also thinking the saturday session could be nice.
miker
Site Admin

Mona

Postby Trip Houk » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:28 am

Mike,
That was last week I was thinking of going down but we went to Deer Creek instead. This weekend is looking a little iffy for sailing. If the PM temps keep dropping, we could be ice sailing before long.
Trip :wink:
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Wind Log