HydroPhobic Nanotech... Applications??? 2013 UWA SWAG Prize.

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

HydroPhobic Nanotech... Applications??? 2013 UWA SWAG Prize.

Postby RickHeninger » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 pm

I was emailed this link about a pretty amazing water repellent that uses "nano"-technology called Ultra-Ever Dry. The "SUPER Hyrdophobic" properties appear to be pretty amazing. The UWA has quite a few members, many of whom are highly educated engineers or highly self declared engineers... I'm going to try and put that pool to use with a UWA experiment here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ord6dTARWfo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.spillcontainment.com/everdry

I started thinking about the applications on windsurf sails, boards, straps, wetsuits, Kites, kite lines... etc...

There will be a pretty cool SWAG prize or maybe cash, for the first person to submit proof of some viable testing with this on their gear. Preferably an entertaining video demonstrating the debunking of, or propping up of this Ultra-Ever Dry for the above mentioned applications. Scientific method preferred.

Disclaimer: I/We have NOT researched the safety of this compound in any way... I nor the UWA is not responsible for any damage you do to your gear or health... Or for any money you make by marketing this for keeping gear light and dry! ;)) Unless you make it big and would like to finance the permanent fix to keeping Rush Lake full and deep on a permanent basis! (You are soley responsible for researching environmental questions that are inherent with this application). I, nor anybody I know of has a financial interest in this company. We probably should!

Cheers!
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Re: HydroPhobic Nanotech... Applications??? 2013 UWA SWAG Pr

Postby andrewcarey44 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

This stuff looks awesome! I am finishing up my engineering degree at the U of U and have talked with tons of people about this stuff! Its expensive but I would be willing to try it out on some kiting stuff. The only problem I can see with applying it to wetsuits would be breathability. However, it sure would keep your booties and boards clean!
andrewcarey44

Return to Main Message Board