ATTEN. KITEBOARDING COMMUNITY

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

ATTEN. KITEBOARDING COMMUNITY

Postby Mike Hill » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 pm

The anti-kitebording department of UDOT has just installed guardrail closing off access to the parking area of Atlantis Beach. Someone with very deep pockets should see if they can buy that from the state, reopen the parking and for a very nominal fee, sell yearly passes to local kite boarders. Any better ideas should be forwarded to UDOT. Public Relations Dept.
Mike Hill

Re: ATTEN. KITEBOARDING COMMUNITY

Postby Jason Klein » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:35 am

i wonder if that is the first step towards the "improvements" we heard about a year or so ago - parking lot, bathroom, etc.
Jason Klein

Postby bordy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am

I spoke with Kim at UDot today concerning the Guard rail, The company is replacing the exciting guard rail, not creating guard rail When I told them they had blocked parking areas the said the would look into it and return my call. I will keep you all posted as always.
bordy

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 pm

awesome bordy... good job. keep on them.
does anyone know someone at UDOT, just asking?
Todd Jacques

Postby bordy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 am

Mike Hill sent me some photos that I forwarded to Udot, The engineer is reviewing the guardrail currently. According to those I spoke with, the rail should not have been installed across the lot, and some one, on site made the call that day. But now that the rail is installed, having it removed is much more difficult... Still trying to get it done. This maybe a item that we need to collectively call and have as many voices heard as possible. But for now lets see if common sense prevails.

I of coarse mention the option would be parking on the other side of the free way and running across the street with gear, children beach chairs coolers etc....
bordy

Postby RickHeninger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Nice... Thank You guys.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Return to Main Message Board