Signs at DCBWB

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Signs at DCBWB

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:24 pm

The owner of the land we used to access the water came up to me today after I finished my session. He saw someone put a sign of Pepe Celebration of Life on one of the fence post. I didn't see it until he pointed out. Nonetheless, he wants to speak to whomever put the sign there. He told me that some of the people in the community are not too happy with things putting up that would obstruct their view of the lake. I think we have to be really careful and respect their property. If we want to put something up (even as small as a wind shock), we should run by them first.

Anyway, if any of you know who put it up, please let me know. He gave me his contact info.

Leo
Leo Chan

Re: Signs at DCBWB

Postby gregwojtkun » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Good to know

Sorry, still learning the acronyms: What does BWB stand for and where is that at Deer Creek?
gregwojtkun

Postby JimSouthwick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 pm

BWB stands for Barbed Wire Beach. It is located on the West side of UT113 about a quarter mile North of the junction with US189.
JimSouthwick

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 pm

The person put up the sign told me the guy who talked to me actually don't own the property. It belongs to the state. But, for the purpose of this issue, it is taken care of.
Leo Chan

Postby bordy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 am

Problem solved.
Last edited by bordy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bordy

Postby Leo Chan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 am

bordy wrote:That sign needs to be removed, it is not in line with the community, or Chris Sherwin's notion of his legacy at Deer Creek.

There is currently a Sign that reads "Pepe's". As to indicate the beach is named Pepe's. While this is a kind jester and a rebel attempt to honor him, it needs to be removed, also the neighbors concerns are valid, regardless of the property owner, they mentioned removing it on their own, it is just as much their beach as ours

The beach is named Barbwire beach, The pull out up wind on the Point was Named Pepe's Point with Chris's consent, before he passed, we plan to have a surfers, service on may 25 followed by his family's service in PC. We will be paddling out to Pepe's Point to honor him in the morning.

Leo, I believe I Facebook messaged the person who posted the sign, since you clearly know who it is and I only guessed please ask them to remove it ASAP. If not the community will. Thank you.

I agree. I think working together with whoever is concerned about the sign and any future issue is important. We want to be a the good side of the neighbors.
Leo Chan

Postby bordy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 am

I spoke with the person who installed the sign and they would like me to mention this problem is solved.

Thank you Leo for your response, and assistance.
bordy

Return to Main Message Board