Sadly sharing a great loss

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Re: Sadly sharing a great loss

Postby Grant McAllister » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Marty...I can`t believe your gone!! Like John Freed said, some of us go back to the early days at Rush lake and had the privilege of getting to know you and your good buddies from up north. Thanks for all the good memories and all your efforts in helping the UWA community. We`re going to miss you!!!
Grant McAllister

Postby mike rossberg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Duane Bush just called to let me know the news. I'm still in shock. He will be missed by all of us. Seemed like Marty was there no matter the day I went searching for wind. He was great advocate for our interests when I was UWA president.

I know he's in good place now and appreciates our thoughts!

THANKS MARTY
mike rossberg

Postby Brian Kelm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Duane just texted me too and let me know, just as I came in off the water at Kanaha... Started raining... Ate a bit, drank a bit, beautiful rainbow came out and I had to suit up and go back out again for a late aft sesh and rip some waves for Marty!! We'll miss you buddy, may the other side have steady side shore winds and logo high waves...
Brian Kelm

Postby Ralph Morrison » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 am

Thanks for posting this Doug. This is hard on all of us but it must be especially hard on you and Vern. I'll try and make it up to Pineview this summer and go out with you guys. We should have a Marty day and get as many kiters/windsurfers to Pineview as possible.
Ralph Morrison

Postby duanekarren » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 pm

What a loss. He was "the man" to look up to whether you were a boarder or a kiter.
duanekarren

Postby Augie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Wow! I haven't checked here for awhile but this news just floors me. Marty was a great friend and I will miss him greatly.
Augie

Postby Fred Gruendell » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:55 am

I'm stunned today. I've been away from most of the windsurfing community for too long and I just checked in today and got this news.
We first met Marty and Vern in Margarita so many years ago I couldn't tell you when it was. Good memories of a good man.
Fred Gruendell

Previous

Return to Main Message Board