utah lake rescue

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

utah lake rescue

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:03 am

who was lost ?

Jared?

http://www.fox13.com/

10:00am

Search and Rescue crews find a man stranded on Utah Lake. Utah County Sherriffs say a 33-year-old man was kiteboarding when somehow he lost his board. Search and Rescue crews were called in and were able to locate the man on mud lake. The man was stranded on the lake for two hours. Crews say he was cold, but otherwise ok.
Last edited by Marty Lowe on Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Lowe

Postby jaynesjared » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:59 pm

not me i stay inside the marina??? not sure who?????

jared
jaynesjared

Postby Matt Davis » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:09 pm

I'm tempted to say it was Charles but since he's my kite rescue slave, I'll fess up. Charles, Jason aka Moose, Jake, several others and I went up wind into mud lake. We stayed till the sun was setting and long story short, I dropped my kite, relaunched, tacked back to my board. I must have broken a strap because I flew off the board immediately.

Charles tried finding the board with no luck so he was going to meet me at another access point (Swede Lane) but when the sun went down, the reeds cut out all visibility and it is impossible to swim thru them. I walked/swam trying find a way out until around 10:00, then found the waterski dock which allowed me to see the shore but I still couldn't see them and they couldn't hear me. Then at 12:00 I got the boat ride of Shame from the search and rescue.

Thanks to everyone who waited (and my sister thanks you Moose for the twenty hamburgers). Charles captured the whole thing for a video he's making on the tribe of Utah windriders. Apparently, I've now got the part of the village idoit!
Matt Davis

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Matt,
No shame there.
Main thing is you are OK

-Marty 8)

Jared, only put your name because it is down wind of the marina.
Marty Lowe

Postby jaynesjared » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:43 pm

the provo bay has been rising you can access it from the south end of the provo airport with the water coming up it may be a sweet spot instead trying to go upwind from ssb

late
jaynesjared

Matt... You're the Ace! I love it!

Postby RickHeninger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:52 pm

Matt... That sucks, but I am glad to hear that you are OK. I know Matt pretty well... He is a smart dude and responsible, so whatever happened must have taken you by surprise... Charles is back in town??? I thought he was in PR?
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Glad your OK

Postby mike rossberg » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:01 pm

Matt is one of the first bunch of kiters in Utah. We sure take that big burning light in the sky for granted some times. I wish you would had more light, sounds like a great session.
mike rossberg

Return to Main Message Board