SUPER SALE ON SNOW KITES

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

SUPER SALE ON SNOW KITES

Postby stevemayer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Cloud 9 Toys in Draper Utah, the only Kite Shop in Salt Lake, is blowing our existing 2011 Snow Kites!

We have HQ Apex in all sizes, Montana's in most sizes and some other great SNOW specific kites. All kites at extreme discounts!

We just received a huge order from DaKine Harnesses, and have a few boards in stock as well.

Cloud 9 also has some used Snow Kites and used Water Kites in stock as well at close out prices. New kites from Naish, Cabrinah, and Ozone are always available. Cloud 9 FINALLY has an excellent stock and supply chain for Ozone snow, water and land kites. No more having to wait weeks or months for Ozone!

Repairs are done daily on any kite we have sold or on any Foil (Snow Kite). Repairs on Water Kites not purchased at Cloud 9 can be done on a space available basis, we are super busy and need to give priority to those that have support us.

Don't forget, Cloud 9 is ALSO WhiteDot Freeride Skis. www.whitedotusa.com THE premier all mountain, big boy ski. White Dot just partnered with Jeremy Nobis, a huge step in our growing number of world class athletes!

Contact Cloud 9 for prices at info@paragliders.com or 801-576-6460
Open 6 days a week
Noon-4
Teaching lessons 7 days a week for Kiting, Speed flying, Paragliding.
Stop by Cloud 9 Soaring Center or check us out on line at http://www.paragliders.com for all your kites and flying needs. Special UWA prices.
stevemayer

Re: SUPER SALE ON SNOW KITES

Postby Marty Lowe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 pm

stevemayer wrote:Cloud 9 FINALLY has an excellent stock and supply chain for Ozone snow, water and land kites. No more having to wait weeks or months for Ozone!

So Steve,,,

Why is it that I can't get any Ozone inflatables for retail from the new distributor until mid April but you can?
Hmmm...

What are you really tying to say here??
Marty Lowe

Postby stevemayer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Marty, looks like it is your lucky day! What we are trying to say is we can get Ozone now and have been getting them. As a kite shop, we placed a large order earlier in the year and they have been trickling in. Cloud 9 is actually the largest Ozone dealer in the entire North America. As a premier Paragliding and Speed Flying distributor for Ozone, we are now thrilled to once again have kites that are easy to get a hold of. Stock is running fast so give us a shout and we can get you all lined up.

Hope some folks got out snow kiting the last few days, been super good.

Steve Mayer
Cloud 9
Stop by Cloud 9 Soaring Center or check us out on line at http://www.paragliders.com for all your kites and flying needs. Special UWA prices.
stevemayer

Postby windzup » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:54 am

Edited By Brian... Its not worth posting on this topic or with the folks involved... so I removed it.
Windzup,
Brian Schenck

http://www.Windzup.com
Last edited by windzup on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windzup

Postby Cloud9PowerKites » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow Brian, really kicking yourself in the foot. As you said, this is not the place for spewing lies. Anyone interested in what we have in stock or what we have on order or what is going on with Ozone in the USA are welcome to call us anytime or stop by Cloud 9 Toys in Draper.

We are the largest Ozone importer in the USA for both Paragliding and Speed Flying. Ozone Kites now has a new distribution system which we have taken advantage of. In the past, as many customers know, Ozone was very difficult to get in. Simple fact, Ozone is a premium brand and there order system made it difficult for shops to stock Ozone without large pre-orders which are always difficult to forcaste in a down economy.

We have been working with Ozone (not Windzup), but actual Ozone to remedy this issue and help grow the excellent brand. I really have no idea what is going on with Brian or Windzup, or why they would feel they need to disrespect us by saying we are making lies. This is just strange behavior.

Hope all the best. We really did not know there was another kite shop in Utah, sounds like they are or have opened a shop somewhere. Best of luck to all. As in paragliding and many other business models, we have found the more shops, the more customers and the more we all benefit. Also the consumer has more choices. A win for EVERYONE.

Brian, we will stop by one day for a beer at your bar if we make it down to your neck of the woods.

Steve Mayer
Cloud 9 Kites / Cloud 9 Paragliding
GoProDepot.com (discount code "prodeal10" for any UWA members)

12665 S. Minuteman Dr. #1
Draper, UT 84020
801-576-6460
Open 6 days a week noon-4 and teaching Snow Kiting 7 days a week
Cloud 9 Power Kites
12665 S. Minuteman Dr. #1
Open Noon-4 Monday-Saturday.
Lessons taught Daily. Serving Utah's Kite and Wind Surf family for 15 years!
Cloud9PowerKites

Postby bordy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 pm

windzup wrote:Not sure if this is a 'Bait and Switch' sales tactic... but Windzup, from January 2011 on, is the only Ozone Kite Retailer in Utah. Cloud 9 does not have any 2011 Ozone Kite products, nor are they an authorized Ozone Kite Outlet. Not sure why they would make claims that they have stock, after the shop manager refused to buy, pre-order or stock any Ozone products this past winter. They may have left over stock from 2010 and previous years when WIndzup worked diligently to promote sales thru that shop.

Sorry Steve, got to call you out on this blatant lie.

BTW- Even tho WIndzup has switched to focus on distributing other brands we will continue to stand behind the Ozone brand, retailing it in our Utah backyard. We will work to stock as many kites as we always have... Windzup will have ready availability of almost all Ozone Kite Models from April 1 on. Access XT Snowkites Kites are in stock in every size at season close out prices. Please call WIndzup for current specials.

This forum is not a proper place for shops to spew lame sales BS, but I felt a need to reply, as the truth has set me free.

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

http://www.Windzup.com

This post was a lot more hateful but after speaking to Brain I took it down becuase I was just plain pisssed off and being unprofesional and some times I forget this is not a phone call to chat and be an ass... My comments where hurtful and I apoligized to Brain for the Personal attack. I am a grumpy stay at home dad with a eight month prego wife and I am sorry for getting angrey about a private matter on our local family public forum and I tried to make it all public.I would have changed it sooner but we were on the phone argueeing where it is much more fun...

Some time I should just not hit return...
Last edited by bordy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bordy

Postby windzup » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow, I cannot believe the depravity of this. I feel sick to my stomach to be involved in our local kite industry. This all disgusts me. I don't know who is lying our breaking contractual agreements or stabbing people in the back. I really do not want to be a part of any of this negativity.

Maybe we should all look at why we kite and we we work in or support this industry and who we choose to affiliate with, I am learning more daily.

Thank a Higher being I had a sick powder day at Skyline lit on south east winds chopping cornices with my lines... that amazing feeling reminded me why I kite.

Windzup,
Brian Schenck
windzup

Return to Kites Buy/Sell