Masts for the Utah Sailing Association Youth Program

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Masts for the Utah Sailing Association Youth Program

Postby Brett Bingham » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:05 pm

G'day Mates
Members of the Utah Sailing Association will be attending the swapmeet this saturday April 22nd at 8:30am We hope to locate masts for the youth learn to sail program. we're most interested in aluminum masts if there are any still available. glass masts may be an alternative option for our needs. if anyone has masts for purchase or would like to donate them to the youth program, it would be greatly appreciated. i can be reached at 815-2521
thank you,
Brett Bingham
U.S.A. Social Chairman
Brett Bingham

Postby RickHeninger » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:54 pm

Brett...

Utah Youth Sailing Program!!!??? Whatever it is, I love the sound of that... I spoke with Kieth Baxter on the phone today about all of the youth programs he has seen. It is very encouraging...

I hope you scored a ton of masts... Are you here in Utah? I am just realizing what a great thing Windsurfing was for me as a kid... I didn't have the resources to get very good at it (gear wise) but it is forever a part of me...

So, I know of a ton of people here in SLC who would be more than happy to donate time and resources to helping you out... Just ask here on the site...
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby Brett Bingham » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Hey Rick
Mike really helped us out at the swap meet. we're excited to try out our masts on our project boats for the U.S.A. Youth Program. you can view our progress of the boats on yahoo groop utahsailing and visit our website at utahsailing.com We also have several windriders in the Utah Sailing Association who sail cats and monos, we sail quite often at Bear Lake.
check out our schedule.
Sail on!
Brett Bingham
U.S.A. Social Chairman
Brett Bingham

Return to Main Message Board