OuterBanks

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

OuterBanks

Postby Todd Jacques » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm

I have seen others mention OBX North Carolina.
I grew up in Virginia and spent much time in OBX. Although did not Kite and has been 28 years. But I am familiar with area and culture.
Planning a trip there first of October.
Best place to stay for central kiting and other stuff.
I am thinking from Roadanthe to Hatteras could be good.
I am looking for a forum but also will take practical advice from fellow wind riders.
Thanks
Todd Jacques

Re: OuterBanks

Postby Nicholas_Vornle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Hey,

I grew up kiting in CT and went to the out banks a bunch! What level rider are you? I always stayed in Avon or Buxton at one of the houses you could rent sound side. It was amazing. I usually kited at kite point, or (i believe) turn off 15 which is a small sandy road before you get to Avon. You can always go ask a fellow kiter and most of the time they know where to go. Real Kiteboarding or Kitty Hawk kites. I am not sure how big you are, but bring your 14, 11, and a small kite if possible. All conditions are great. Ocean is warm!
Nicholas_Vornle

Postby Nicholas_Vornle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Nicholas_Vornle

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks. I use to surf out there in the day. Me and my bro are taking my mom back to bury her in Virginia. We plan to make a beach trip out of it. Of course I like to kite so OBX was a fit. We are going to rent a house sound side down south on seashore away from crowds.
If any cool hommies want to try and make it out let me know. I might be able to make room. My Bro has to go to Maryland for his wife's families yearly event. So I can stay longer and could use kite company and share a car from Norfolk.
Planning Oct 2 for 10 days
Todd Jacques

Postby Nicholas_Vornle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 am

Ill check my schedule.
Nicholas_Vornle

Return to Main Message Board