Where to launch at SSB

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Where to launch at SSB

Postby Matt Greeff » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:13 am

I took some advice and made the drive down to SSB on thursday. When I got there the wind was sweet but the beach was non-existant. The water came all the way up to the trees. Is there somwhere that is still launchable down there. I've been hearing about guys lauching there and then going up wind but I can't see how it could be done unless you had someone walk your kite out into the water. On my way home I stoped by Lindon and slid down the embankment but I have to second everything that Rossberg said about that place. A clean up effort would be good but there was only a very small beach left. It looks like it will soon be consumed by the lake.

PS, I'm moving in a couple of weeks down to Kansa City Mo. So I want to thank all those who have helped me get into this crazy sport. It has been great. It is a sweet kind of brotherhood where everyone is looking out for each other and wanting to see each other progress. May the winds treat you right.
Matt Greeff
Matt Greeff

Goodbye Matt...

Postby Derik Sayers » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:33 pm

It's too bad to hear your leaving. Your getting out at the right time...just before the dreaded summer funk. It's been cool getting to know and ride with you. I will be riding with you again someday...sooner than later...
And wherever you may go...Let it blow.....
Derik Sayers

Good luck and thanks for showing me the ropes

Postby Terry Townsend » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:40 am

Matt, Thanks for all of your advice and for taking the time to teach me how to kite. You and your family are awesome. You are what UWA is all about. We will miss you around here. Good luck with your move.
Terry Townsend

Sorry to see you go Matt

Postby bradcfairchild » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:17 pm

Hey Matt,

It's been good kiting with you. Good luck in you move. Maybe you'll find a beach to launch at where you moving to.

Brad
bradcfairchild

Return to Main Message Board