Awesome day at La Ventana

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Awesome day at La Ventana

Postby Rob Richey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:58 pm

El Norte has finally returned (after a 2 week absence) - sailed 4.7 on my RRD FSW 102 - sunny, warm, perfect! Come on down!
Rob Richey

Re: Awesome day at La Ventana

Postby Craig Goudie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:59 am

Bob, or shall I start calling you Rob,

It's good to see you post here, glad you made it all the way down to LaVentana, hope you continue to
have good wind, and your trip is free from incident. I'll be back in HR May 23rd, hope to see you then.

-Craig
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Rob Richey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks Craig! Yup, I'll be back in 'da Gorge this summer - same routine. Probably crash at Roosevelt 1st week in June - then head for HR by mid-June.

Rob/Bob/Robby-Bob/Bobby-Rob/Roberto/etc etc ... whatever - no matter!

Hope your'e having a great winter in the "Promised Land". Finally warming up down here after a cooler than usual Dec-Jan. I've been wearing my full 4/3 steamer the last 7 weeks - never needed it in prior years. Global cooling?

See 'ya this summer!
Rob Richey

Postby Sarah Ranes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26 am

Hey Bob, Good to hear that you are getting some wind. And just to make you feel even better, I had to snow blow about 8 inches of snow out of my driveway, at 7am to even get to work. I'm looking forward to spring......We are not sure of our Gorge dates yet, but I'm sure we will see you there, and look forward to it! TAKE SOME RIDES FOR ME! Sarah
Sarah Ranes

Postby Rob Richey » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:59 pm

Yo Sarah! Thanks for reminder of why I head south in the winter!

You guys need to hurry up and retire to LV with all the other "gainfully un-employed" windsurfer/kiteboarder dudes! What a great place! Your trailer is perfect for the CG - and, there's even water (non-potable) hook-up for showers, etc. You can just leave it down here year-round and not have to tow back-and-forth. Guarantee you will absolutely love it!

See you in 'da Gorge!
Rob Richey

Return to Wind Log