3/27 and 3/28 monte cristo 12m

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

3/27 and 3/28 monte cristo 12m

Postby Brian Fox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:35 am

I'm framing a deck in north ogden so I've been busting over the divide to monte cristo to get some kiting in. I normally don't post on here much but I figured since i ran into Chasta both days out there that it was worth telling about! I got there later on the 27th and the wind was light but fun, 28th was alot better but i still flew my bigger kites a 12m frenzy and a 12m turbo diesel. Pretty cool to watch Chasta getting nice glides over the road and whatnot...kind of embarassing that his wife can bust all the same tricks I can tho, actually she's prob alot better at them!ha ha oh well...peace out
Brian Fox

Re: 3/27 and 3/28 monte cristo 12m

Postby RickHeninger » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm framing a deck in north ogden so I've been busting over the divide to monte cristo to get some kiting in. I normally don't post on here much but I figured since i ran into Chasta both days out there that it was worth telling about! I got there later on the 27th and the wind was light but fun, 28th was alot better but i still flew my bigger kites a 12m frenzy and a 12m turbo diesel. Pretty cool to watch Chasta getting nice glides over the road and whatnot...kind of embarassing that his wife can bust all the same tricks I can tho, actually she's prob alot better at them!ha ha oh well...peace out

That's sweet man! And we're used to Sarah Ranes and Linda Schlappy et al. ripping past us on windsurfers all the time here and in the Gorge... Ya get used to it! 8)

Chasta's pretty amazing! But Jake, Kenny, Bordy, Brian etc... are going to be catching up! But regardless, keep posting your sessions man! That's the important part.

PS I went to school (High school and college) with a Brian Fox. You be he? Skyline? Wooglin!?
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby Brian Fox » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:23 am

oops...i guess it was the 26 and 27!my bad!
Brian Fox

Postby Sarah Ranes » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 am

Brian, thanks for posting, I wish more kiters would. As a totally new snow kiter, it helps me out, to know where others are going, and knowing that I won't be the only one there. So please keep posting when you can. It's also very nice when people post were they are headed for the day, it encourages us beginnners, to show up too. And I promise, I will try to stay out of the way.

Rick you are so kind, to suggest, that Linda and I, could even keep up with you and the guys. We do love riding out there with you all, and trying to keep up. Hope we will do that soon. I'm feeling a bit whipish, this year, to jump into my drysuit, and cold water. I'm hoping for some warmer weather soon.
Sarah Ranes

Postby Brian Fox » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm

ya Rick I dunno if I know you I went to Mountain Crest in Cache Valley, if you went there I don't remember you but then again I can't even get my days correct...!
Brian Fox

Return to Wind Log