7/19 Tues. G'ville 5.7 sumo 105

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

7/19 Tues. G'ville 5.7 sumo 105

Postby DimitriMilovich » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Best day of the year for me at G'ville, maybe best day of the year at G'ville, period. Sailed 3.5 hours powered to o'powered, 5.7 to 5.7 way flattened, which makes it 2X the driving time. Yahoo! Rippin' good time, starting at 6:30 AM.

John Freed showed for the post-dawn patrol a little before 7:00. Mike and Bob appeared a little later (good on ya, workin' those beach starts, Bob!). Grants Sr./Jr. and DK arrived a little later and Josh made 8 sailors total. G'ville like it usedta rip, right from the get-go, pretty much non-stop with short lulls until it got even windier around 10:00 and it was white-knuckled rides for me. Killer day at our favorite pond.

Almost jibed into a momma duck with her 10 offspring, but saw them just in time. Much flapping ensued, but no feathers lost. Funny, because I videoed the family two weeks ago.

Still blowing hard when I left at 11:00.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Re: 7/19 Tues. G'ville 5.7 sumo 105

Postby grant mcallister jr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Demo, here's the link to the video from that morning. I slowed down the lay-downs so you can critique them. Take care and I hope to see you in December for some powder skiing!

Viel Spaß!

Grant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARWFEFidT08
grant mcallister jr

Re: G'ville kamakazi video

Postby DimitriMilovich » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 am

Great vid, Grant!

I had put that "playing chicken for real" near-collision out of my mind until I just watched it again. I nearly - what's the term - oh, yeah, pooed a twinkie when you almost ran headfirst over my tail at 3:50. Too bad I couldn't get revenge. That last sequence of you going over the handlebars is priceless. I want that as a screensaver!

Public Service Announcement to all G'ville sailors:
It's noteworthy, folks, that the only time McAllister looks back or downwind in the 8 or so jibes is to see if I'm catching him, which of course I'm not. This guy is a menace! Steer clear of him - wreckage imminent!
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:26 am

Cool Video!!!!

Are you guys wearing full wetsuit there?
Jacob Buzianis

Postby grant mcallister jr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 pm

That was so fun getting home and pulling up all the videos. I have a few more. Maybe I'll put them in a zip file and post them on my profant@me.com public folder so you can download them. I have quite a few crashes on the videos.

I have to have surgery on my shoulder due to my bike/car accident and probably won't be able to go to the outer banks this fall. Very bummed. If I can, I'll try to get out before my surgery and will try to get some video of the sound and the ocean--if so others will come out with me.

I was wearing a full 2/2 suit. It was perfect for the early morning session. I think the water is still a little cold.

Take care and shred it up for me!!!
grant mcallister jr

Return to Wind Log