Lost Gear at Lincoln

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Lost Gear at Lincoln

Postby andrew_wagner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:23 am

So I lost my kite and board at Lincoln Beach yesterday, It's an 8m GlobeKite Sonic and its white and black, The board is a white and yellow Slingshot twin-tip. If anybody sees it can you give me a call or send me an email? I'm going to go back there tomorrow when the wind dies down and look for it in my kayak, If I find anything else back there in the bushes, I'll post it on here.

Thanks,

Andrew
231-357-3406
awskitc@gmail.com
andrew_wagner

Re: Lost Gear at Lincoln

Postby Jason Klein » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am

i can understand losing a board (in fact, i've done it), but how do you lose a kite?
Jason Klein

Postby andrew_wagner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 pm

the loop that connects the lines to the harness broke, and it pulled the bar from my hands and started spiraling and dragging me by the leash (i think the bar got wrapped in the lines, so the depower didnt happen), so i ditched it. at the time i thought this was a better plan than getting dragged into the bushes full speed.
andrew_wagner

Postby Jason Klein » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

i understand how you'd eject and be detached from the kite, but a kite is pretty big, floats and is usually brightly covered. At LB, It can't go too far before getting blown up against the reeds. my question was, how did you "lose" it, or more specifically, lose sight of it?
Jason Klein

Postby Jake-wright » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 pm

i lost my kite there too once. a bright white and red liquid force havoc!!! Pretty much same story actually. what happened to me is the fence posts back inside there somehow deflated and luckily didn't rip the kite to shreds and it sinks. Me and my buddy walked for two hours right around where i lost it that night and couldn't find it. then my brother and i walked around for three hours the next evening and i finally found it tangled beyond belief in the reeds. actually completely invisible i was just lucky enough to trip myself on the bridles and just started pullin'. good luck!
Jake-wright

Postby andrew_wagner » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 am

Got my board back! I had written my name and phone number on the board and the guy who owns the land at the south end of the lake called me up asking if i lost a "ski board, or something." Awesome! Glad I had my phone number on there.
andrew_wagner

Return to Main Message Board